To the volunteers who worked tirelessly to ensure our National Championship Meet was a success, and to the swimmers young and old who continue to motivate and inspire their family, friends and each other, Thank You for continuing to prove that we are all Fit to Swim.
After a meet like Nationals it can be tough to move on and get back into training without another “big meet” on the horizon. However, there is no time like the present to start preparing for your next big race. All year we have been discussing and checking in on your goals. Now is the time for reflection. Ask yourself:
- Did you meet you goal(s)?
- Can you edit your goal(s) for further improvement or do you need to set a new goal?
- Is there something specific you could have focused on or done differently?
- Can you incorporate those changes into your regimen to improve your chances for success?
Remember that in Masters swimming, we swim for life, and your goals will modify over time. Change is good! Do not feel discouraged if you did not meet your goal(s); more time might be needed for you to achieve them. If this was your first National meet, or your 15th, you may have set a new base line for yourself to improve upon in the future. Start thinking about areas for improvement and set new S.M.A.R.T. goals to help further your success.
At the end of this year, my fourth as Fitness Chair, I too will be moving on to focus more of my spare time on personal and professional pursuits. If you or anyone you know is interested in applying to become the next Fitness Chair, please let me or any of the other board members know of your intentions. Feel free to contact me with questions you might have about the position.
In order to give our next Fitness Chair the best possible start, I ask you the reader to write in and let us know what you would like to hear more about. Thanks for your help!
Topics of interest
- Format preference (e. relatable info or scientific articles)
- Professional interviews (e. medical or professional staff input on various topics)
- Anything else you want the next Fitness Chair to know
Aubree, thank you so much for being our fitness chair for the last 4 years. I like relatable info and items that address both competitors and fitness swimmers alike.
Thanks so much!