There were 77 swimmers registered in the Fall Classic at Hood River. This pool has 10 lanes, and a nice warm (93°F) hydrotherapy pool! Thank you, Sandi, for hosting this meet.
Here are some highlights, comments and fun notes about the meet:
- This was Mirjana Prather’s (MVA) first meet in 15 years. She’s been doing open water swims in Australia before this.
- Joy Ward’s first SCM meet since her surgery. She’s so thankful to be back racing!
- Charlie Helm crushed it in the 100 free.
- USMS National Record; Women’s SCM 200 Free relay; 280+; with Joy Ward, Sandi Rousseau, Janet Gettling and Rececca Kay in 2:30.72
- World Record in the 280+ Women’s 200 SCM medley relay with Joy Ward, Sandi Rousseau, Janet Gettling and Rebecca Kay. 2 :46.92 SO EXCITING!!!
- Willard Lamb is thrilled to be back racing and looking forward to racing in the 95-99 age group. He’s a Christmas Eve baby (that means — for meter meets he is considered a year older (95) than he really is (94), because one’s age is determined by the age you will be on December 31, of that swimming year, no matter when your birthday is). This meet was his 71st since he started competing in Masters.
- Collette crushed it with 5 new State SCM Women’s 60-64 records in the 100 back, 50 fly, 100 IM, 100 fly and 800 free.
- Reign swimmer Cliff Stephens got a 200 SCM Fly record previously held by Allen Stark who swam it with a breast stroke kick. WHOOP WHOOP!
- Karen Andrus-Hughes says she loves coming to Hood River! So many lanes to warm down and a heated pool to relax in!
- Oregon Ducks were represented with several first time swimmers. Their first meet of the season. Team Captain Michael Loyd got a State record (18-24) in the 100 SCM breast.
- Caesar Bernardo (ORM) swam in his first Masters meet EVER!
- Sarah Leary, with VSC, swam in her first meet in 17 years, winning 1st in all of her 30-34 age group races. GO SARAH!
- MAC swimmer Scot Sullivan earned State records in the Men’s 50-54 100 SCM IM and 800 SCM free.
- Jordan Porter with the MAC earned himself ALL THREE MENS 18-24 MAC RECORDS in the backstroke events.
- Mike Self, Mark Frost, Brent Washburne and Scot Sullivan earned a Zone record in the 4 x 100 Free Relay in the 200-239 age group.